- Date: Wednesday, November 24, 1-4:30 pm
- Location: Innisfree Farm and Botanical Garden, 3636 Trent Road, Royston BC V9N 9R4 (5 km south of Courtenay)
- Fee: $75 (includes materials)
Using the varied palette of colours and textures of locally gathered plants including invasives like Yellow Flag Iris, Morning Glory, garden trims like Daylily leaves, Maple bark and Willow bark, and other fibres gathered over the summer like Cattail, Tule, Nettle, corn husks and more, we will create a small woven pouch to keep your big treasures or to present as a small but very meaningful gift.
*Participants are welcome to bring their own water bottle or mug. The Innisfree tea bar will be available with hot water and delicious teas from the farm for people to enjoy.
Instructor: Juliana Bedoya
Juliana Bedoya, Community-engaged Environmental Artist
With a background in contemporary sculpture and installation, Juliana Bedoya currently works in community-engaged environmental art practice respectfully using ancestral skills and traditional knowledge that navigates across cultures. Mainly working with garden trims and invasive plants, her work also aims to support local ecological restoration to foster native ecology. She supports individuals and community groups to establish their own cultural significance through skill sharing, including all stages of ethically harvesting and processing raw plant materials for art-making and environmental art practice.
Innisfree Farm Directions:
Driving from Comox or Courtenay, drive south towards Union Bay. At the traffic light in Royston turn right on Royston Road towards Cumberland, pass the railway line, second street on the left. Innisfree is at the end of Trent road (1/2 Km away), the logo facing the street.
- Proof of vaccination is required to take this workshop.
- Class size is limited to 10 participants and they will be seated following distancing protocols. Participants in the same bubble can sit together.
- All participants must wear face masks at all times except when outside.
- Doors will remain open during the workshop to allow good ventilation of indoor space.
- Classes may be cancelled due to updated restrictions. Refunds will be given if we have to cancel. Refunds are given up to two weeks before the event if a student has to cancel for any reason. No refunds two weeks before the workshop.